One of the pillars of the YouthCARE mission is to foster youth relationships with caring adults. Volunteers play an important role in all of our programs. Whether they regularly work with the youth directly, participate in one-time volunteer opportunities, or serve on a policy committee, volunteers provide valuable service to our organization.
- Typical volunteer opportunities include:
- Supervising youth social or recreational events
- Transporting youth to and from the Camp Sunrise bus stop
- Corporate work days at Camp Sunrise
- Acting as a volunteer counselor for a week at Camp Sunrise
- Assisting with Girls Group weekly activities for Young Women’s Mentoring Program
- Serving on a Board of Directors policy committee
- Leading a workshop for youth in a particular skill area
- Assisting with planning or at special events
If you'd like to get involved with YouthCARE as a volunteer, please let us know! We are always looking for new ways to utilize the special skills of volunteers or create partnerships in the community. Start here by completing the YouthCARE Volunteer Application [PDF].
Program Volunteers work directly with young people in one of YouthCARE's three programs: Camp Sunrise, YouthLEAD, or the Young Women's Mentoring Program. Click the links below for more details about volunteering with each program:
Community members can serve on YouthCARE's Board of Directors or one of its committees.
- Development & Marketing
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
Special Event Volunteers
Volunteers at special events provide support to YouthCARE by assisting with planning, implementing, and events such as Celebration of Urban Youth Gala, Camp Sunrise Corporate Workdays, or Youth Advisory Council’s Pancake Breakfast, just to name a few.
How do I become a volunteer?
If you are interested in volunteering with YouthCARE, please fill out the YouthCARE Volunteer Application and return to:
2701 University Avenue, SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Fax to: (612) 338-6904