Employment & Other Opportunities
YouthCARE (Youth for Cultural Appreciation & Racial Equality) is a Twin Cities nonprofit organization providing multicultural youth development services for Minneapolis and St. Paul youth, 7-18 years old. YouthCARE programs build the education, employment, and leadership skills that urban youth need in order to make a successful transition into adulthood.
YouthCARE/Camp Sunrise is looking for responsible adults to supervise youth from diverse ethnic, cultural, and racial backgrounds. We're seeking motivated individuals who are interested in living in a multicultural community and making a diﬀerence in the lives of youth.
- Full-time, living on-site at Camp Sunrise in Rush City, MN, from June through August with two consecutive days oﬀ every other week as well as Friday evenings oﬀ.
- Room and board are provided during summer months. Staﬀ live in large platform tents with one to two other staﬀ members.
- All candidates must be capable of supervising youth from diverse ethnic, cultural, and racial backgrounds.
- Staﬀ orientation and training All staﬀ will participate in a thorough week-long training at Camp Sunrise June 9-15.
2017 Junior Counselor Application Timeline
- February 2017 – All youth who live in Minneapolis need to apply for the Step Up program to be eligible for the JC program. All youth who live in St. Paul need to apply for the Right Track program by Feb 28. to be eligible for the JC program https://righttrack.stpaul.gov/privacyinformationyj01/
- March 2017 – Applications for the JC program made available March 1
Applications due by March 24
- March & April – All youth who apply will receive an interview at the YouthCARE office
All interviews will happen by April 20
- May – All applicants will be notified by May 5 about the JC position.
- May 10 – JC Hiring meeting for youth and parents at the YouthCARE office.
- June 14 – First day of work!
Program requirements: Must be between 14-18 years old and live in Minneapolis or St. Paul.
Length: 10 Weeks from June 14-August 26; Live and work at Camp Sunrise!
There are currently no internship opportunities. Please check back!
Other Employment Opportunities
To learn more about other job openings in the nonprofit sector, visit the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits Job Board.