YouthCARE operates three youth development programs with support from our Volunteer Program: Camp Sunrise, YouthLEAD, and the Young Women’s Mentoring Program. Each of our programs work with youth to fulfill our mission of promoting respect for self and others, developing future leaders, and providing youth with positive multicultural activities and relationships with caring adults.
Although the approaches may not be exactly the same, all YouthCARE programs:
- Provide opportunities for youth to participate in positive after-school, weekend and summer social, recreational and educational activities.
- Promote respect, understanding and appreciation for others.
- Help youth develop the skills necessary to live and work in a multicultural community.
- Utilize a progressive program model, providing youth the opportunity to build on learned skills year after year.
- Help develop employment and leadership skills needed to make a successful transition from adolescence to adulthood.
- Provide youth with the opportunity to engage and give back to their community.
All of YouthCARE’s youth development programs work to eliminate the barriers that may prevent youth from participating in activities.
Some of our strategies to accomplish this are:
- Providing all activities at no cost to the youth or family.
- Providing free transportation to and from all activities.
- Providing the equipment needed to participate in YouthCARE activities (sleeping bags, swim suits, shoes that can get wet, etc.).