Come Camping This Summer!
2018 Summer Camper Application
Download to complete application in Acrobat Reader.
Then print, sign and return to YouthCARE
A crew (8 campers 13-18 years old and 2 adult leaders) in the
last stretch of their three-day canoe trip on the St. Croix River.
Session 1: Boys
Session 2: Girls
Session 3: Boys
Session 4: Girls
Session 5: Co-ed
Session 6: Co-ed
Session 7: Co-ed
About the Program
Camp Sunrise, a program of YouthCARE, is a year-round outdoor education program and camping facility. Camp Sunrise is located on 279 acres along the St. Croix River near Rush City, Minnesota, about 60 miles north of the Twin Cities. During the summer month’s camp offers one- and two-week long sessions and serves 38-40 youth per week. Activities offered include canoe trips, arts and crafts, fun STEM activities and state park field trips.
- Who can attend? Youth ages 13-18 from Minneapolis & St. Paul
- Cost? Free
- How long is each session? Camp sessions are from Saturday-Friday
- Registration is open and is first come first serve so register early!
Awards and Recognition
In addition to numerous media features, Camp Sunrise has received significant recognition for its impact on the community over the years.
- 2014 Certificate of Recognition from Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton for participation in the Adopt-a-River program on the St. Croix River
- 2008 Access to the Outdoors Award from the Parks & Trails Council of Minnesota
- 2000 Nonprofit Mission Award for Anti-Racism from the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- 1993 National Park Service Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway
- 1991 American Red Cross Community Service Award
- 1990 Minnesota Clean River Project Certificate of Commendation from Minnesota Governor Rudy Perpich
- 1989 President's Environmental Youth Award from President George H. Bush
- 1988 VIP Volunteers in Parks Program from St. Croix Wild and Scenic River
- 1987 President's Citation for Private Sector Initiatives from President Ronald Reagan
- 1986 Distinguished Service Award from the Mayor of Minneapolis
- 1985 Eleanor P. Eells Award for Program Excellence from the Fund for the Advancement of Camping