Since 1974, our commitment has been to:
- Offer educational experiences that foster cultural awareness, understanding and appreciation.
- Employ youth in meaningful positions that also offer further education and career exploration.
- Provide experiences and mentoring to develop youth leadership abilities.
YouthCARE's Volunteer Program provides a wide variety of opportunities for adults to get involved.
- Program Volunteers work directly with young people in one of YouthCARE's three programs: Camp Sunrise, YouthLEAD, or the Young Women's Mentoring Program
- Policy Volunteers serve on YouthCARE's Board of Directors or on a Policy Committee.
- Special Event Volunteers provide support to YouthCARE by assisting with special events such as fundraisers, Camp Sunrise Workdays, or by sharing a special skill or expertise such as carpentry or graphics arts.